Caring for your phone should be easy and safe for the equipment. Below, we provide brief instructions on how to best clean your phone screen and surrounding areas.
How to clean it
To clean the phone’s screen and surrounding areas, the phone manufacturer, Mitel, recommends the use of a super fine cotton cloth, cotton swab, or microfiber lens cloth made of microfiber suede (preferably one without sewn hems or similar characteristics that would scratch the surface of the screen or damage the equipment). You can use the cloth dry for dusting, polishing and light cleaning, or dampen it (with water only) to deep clean the surface. If using a damp cloth, make sure to use just a little water on the cloth. Too much moisture can cause damage to your phone that could be permanent. If the cloth is dripping or the surface shows water spots after wiping, then you are using too much water on the cloth.
What to avoid
- Do not use any sharp objects including your fingernail.
- Do not rub, touch or tap the surface of the screen with sharp or abrasive items such as a ball-point pen or a screw driver.
- Do not use any type of cleansers including abrasive cleansers.
- Do not use any type of glass cleaner or any cleaner that contains alcohol or ammonia.
- Do not spray any type of cleaner directly on the phone’s screen.
- Do not allow any liquid to run down the surface of the touchscreen and under the bezel.
- If using a damp cloth, disconnect power to the phone before wiping the screen.
How to clean your screen
- Disconnect power to your phone (6873i Touchscreen Only).
- Retrieve a soft cloth, such as a microfiber cloth.
- If necessary, dampen the cloth. For regular cleanings, a dry cloth is usually sufficient. For stubborn build-up or for periodic deep cleanings, wet the cloth under a faucet and then wring out until it is just damp.
- Wipe the screen gently with the cloth making sure to not get any moisture in the sides of the screen. You can also wipe down the entire phone to remove dirt and grime.
- Allow your phone to completely dry after you are done cleaning. This should only take a few minutes.
- Reconnect power to your phone (6873i Touchscreen Only).
AS A REMINDER: Use of any type of cleaners, alcohol, ammonia, and/or hard or sharp objects can harm the touchscreen surface and potentially cause transparent conductive film cracks in the screen, and can destroy the phone.
Still have questions?
Call our Customer Care team at 1 (877) CALL-GTB (225-5482), Option 2 or email us at email@example.com.